Has anyone surveyed those subscribed to openstack-operators@lists.openstack.org list for usage? While imperfect, at least it would be asking the constituency that might be most affected. You might also consider asking
whether they would prefer JSON or XML, regardless of what they use today.

I agree with George that weighing developer interest in writing some test cases is likely not the best measure of how widely the XML API is used in practice.

One last slightly unrelated point. There was discussion and a PPB decision not to maintain 3rd party APIs in core. Why does the EC2 API remain?

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
IBM Distinguished Engineer, CTO Industry and Cloud Standards
Member, IBM Academy of Technology
IBM Software Group, Standards Strategy
email: chris...@us.ibm.com
Twitter: christo4ferris