From: openstack-bounces+john.garbutt=citrix....@lists.launchpad.net
[mailto:openstack-bounces+john.garbutt=citrix....@lists.launchpad.net] On
Behalf Of Egoitz Aurrekoetxea Aurre
Sent: 02 November 2012 20:42
To: Armando Migliaccio
Cc: openstack@lists.launchpad.net
Subject: Re: [Openstack] Nova different sr

Egoirz Aurrekoetxea Aurre
ego...@ramattack.net<mailto:ego...@ramattack.net>
Sent from my smartphone

El 02/11/2012, a las 21:12, Armando Migliaccio
<amigliac...@internap.com<mailto:amigliac...@internap.com>> escribió:
Egoirz,
On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 6:29 PM, Egoitz Aurrekoetxea Aurre
<ego...@ramattack.net<mailto:ego...@ramattack.net>> wrote:
Good afternoon Armando,

Thanks a lot for you're answer.

Yes basically I want to setup a virtual housing service in the way you can
create a machine in sas or sata storage for example. If each nova-compute
should point to just one sr (storage kind) of xcp it would be one or the other
one (in this example... sas or sata)... Ok then. So you mean the right way of
doing this with Openstack is to basically have different nova-computes pointing
to different sr and sharing the other properties... Have I understand properly??

That's not exactly what I meant, especially in relation to what is _right_ in
OpenStack; I was providing input in relation to the use of the flag you
mentioned.

Ok so is not perhaps the right way but it's a possibility. &#128515;

Actually, if you want to support storage at different levels of QoS, Cinder is
another project worth looking at.

http://wiki.openstack.org/Cinder

I'll tale a look at it... Mainly if this gives me the possibilty...

A.

In the last two paragraph I assume you're just talking about load balancing...
Isn't it??

Where did you get that? No I wasn't ;)

Because you were talking about where to create vm and how to manage the
schwduler iirc &#128515;

Very thankful for you're time.
Regards,

Egoirz Aurrekoetxea Aurre
ego...@ramattack.net<mailto:ego...@ramattack.net>
Sent from my smartphone

El 02/11/2012, a las 18:47, Armando Migliaccio