Op vrijdag 4 september 2015 22:33:02 schreef Olav Reinert:
> The fix was to copy the files from /boot to the boot partition that are
> already present in both locations. Now my Pi boots to the new kernel,
> and removing the old one didn't cause any issues. Not idea if this is
> the canonical procedure, but it works.
>
> Tumbleweed on a Pi - smashing!

I don't think you are fully using Tumbleweed. Tumbleweed uses kernel-4.1.6.

What repositories are you using?
I have:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/ARM:/Factory:/Contrib:/RaspberryPi/standard/
and
http://download.opensuse.org/ports/armv6hl/tumbleweed/repo/oss/

The kernel I am using comes from the last repo, the one you use comes from the
first repo.
Installing a new kernel lately 4.1.6 from 4.1.4 went without the trick you
needed.
Most likely the post processing in the rpm for the kernel you use does not
include the copy to /boot.
The /boot on my RPi is on the second partition (ext3).

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE
Freek de Kruijf