On Freitag, 8. Juli 2016 12:05:33 CEST Alexander Graf wrote:
> On 08.07.16 12:02, Peter Czanik wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > After quite a bit of delay, my Pine64 is here. The boards boots with the
> > Android image, so I wanted to give openSUSE a try. I downloaded the
> > image from
> > http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/ARM:/Factory:/Contrib:/Pi
> > ne64:/Downstream/images/openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-JeOS-pine64.aarch64.raw.xz
> > as this one is supposed to have graphics, but after about 15 minutes the
> > screen is still blank. Is it normal? Did anyone test the image recently?
> IIRC I added console=ttyAMA0 to the default kernel command line. You do
> see grub2 coming up?
>
> Alex

Grub2 seems to be fine, the last message after grub menus is "Loading
linux.vmx..."

Full output:
-----
cat /dev/ttyUSB0

 0

switch to partitions #0, OK

mmc0 is current device

Scanning mmc 0:1...

73270 bytes read in 176 ms (406.3 KiB/s)

Found EFI removable media binary efi/boot/bootaa64.efi

reading efi/boot/bootaa64.efi

671744 bytes read in 75 ms (8.5 MiB/s)

## Starting EFI application at 0x42000000 ...

Scanning disks on usb...

Scanning disks on mmc...

MMC Device 1 not found

MMC Device 2 not found

MMC Device 3 not found

Found 1 disks

Welcome to GRUB!

error: terminal `gfxterm' isn't found.

error: no suitable video mode found.

error: can't find command `terminal'.

error: file `/boot/grub2/themes/openSUSE/ascii.pf2' not found.

<clear screen>

┌────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐

│*openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-JeOS-pine64 [ VMX ]                                │

│ Failsafe -- openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-JeOS-pine64 [ VMX ]                    │

│                                                                            │

│                                                                            │

│                                                                            │

│                                                                            │

│                                                                            │

│                                                                            │

│                                                                            │

│                                                                            │

│                                                                            │

│                                                                            │

└────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

     Use the ▲ and ▼ keys to select which entry is highlighted.

      Press enter to boot the selected OS, `e' to edit the commands

      before booting or `c' for a command-line.

   The highlighted entry will be executed automatically in 0s.

<clear screen>

Booting `openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-JeOS-pine64 [ VMX ]'

---------

Kind regards,

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Bergstraße 21  /  52062 Aachen
home: +49 241 53809034     mobile: +49 151 50412019