Hi Alex,

> Yes, but it's a can of worms that we have to open anyway unfortunately.
> Systems are growing and I doubt 42 bits are going to get us very far.

sure, I still prefer to have tests, and even tests that are passing
over just enablign something and then not fixing it.

>> Are we talking about 42.2 or tumbleweed ?  I'm sort of okay with doing
>> that for 42.2 when we document it properly and mayb ealso fix the swap
>> issue. Because I seriously hope not that many people are using btrfs.
> You mean if you're on an ext4 rootfs and upgrade to 42.2, swap should
> stay working? Any constructive ideas?

Well, the problem is that boot completely fails since systemd
considers a non-mountable swap a fatal error condition, and you can
not easily recover from that if you don't have serial console.
swapon --fixpgsize is to the rescue though. Alternatively we could try
to convince it to not fail to boot just because swap isn't there.

>> For tumbleweed, I would only want to switch when we have sorted out
>> the remaining issues. And only because I am going to be hit by this
>> badly
> What are "the remaining issues"?

48 bit, yast2-bootloader seems broken again. I fixed ovmf over the
weekend finally.

Greetings,
Dirk