Hello,

yesterday I finally got my 14'' Pinebook [1].
There is Ubuntu 16.04 MATE as a default OS, but I would like to use
openSUSE TW on it of course.

So, I found raw.xz XFCE-image for aarch64 [2] and used this command
"to burn" image on the microSD card:

# unxz -c openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-XFCE-efi.aarch64-2017.06.10-Build2.3.raw.xz
| sudo dd of=/dev/mmcblk1p
No success.

Pinebook tried to boot from microSD card, but... it seems that there
is something wrong with bootloader.
Here [3] I found this command:

# xzcat openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-XFCE-efi.aarch64-2017.06.10-Build2.3.raw.xz
| dd bs=4M of=/dev/ mmcblk1p oflag=sync
Exactly the same... image is there, echo $? tells 0, but pinebook ignore it.

Image on microSD card is marked as a bootable. I checked it with parted(8).

I asked Google and it showed me this [4]. This is HOWTO for fedora 21
on Cubietruck, but there is one interesting thing: step (4) Write
U-Boot to Media.
Do we also need to install bootloader extra? Because, as I said, for
me it seems like a bootloader problem. If yes, where is this script or
documentation about it?

Also I would ask about rootfs-images. Do we have some
information/HOWTOs about these?

Cheers,
Alex

[1] https://www.pine64.org/?page_id=3707