On Samstag, 12. August 2017 20:20:03 CEST Alex Naumov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> yesterday I finally got my 14'' Pinebook [1].
> There is Ubuntu 16.04 MATE as a default OS, but I would like to use
> openSUSE TW on it of course.
>
> So, I found raw.xz XFCE-image for aarch64 [2] and used this command
> "to burn" image on the microSD card:

All Aarch64 SBCs (Single board computer) I am aware of do not support UEFI
boot, but require a (more or less) board specific boot image. For the
Pinebook, your best bet is with the Pine64 Contrib image:

https://en.opensuse.org/HCL:Pine64

But although this will likely boot, you will get much less than you might
expect:

1. No graphics on LCD
2. No graphics via HDMI
3. Wireless may work - probably not

With some luck, HDMI will be ready end of the year, but this will *not*
include 2D/3D acceleration nor hardware video decoding.

For the current state of the A64 support, see here:

http://linux-sunxi.org/Linux_mainlining_effort#Status_Matrix

Kind regards,

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Bergstraße 21  /  52062 Aachen
home: +49 241 53809034     mobile: +49 151 50412019