On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 14:16:51 +0200 (CEST)
Daniel Bischof <suse-b...@bischof.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried
> openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-XFCE-chromebook.armv7l-2017.07.22-Build1.1
> recently, but it just beeps and kicks me back to the boot screen
> immediately. No messages on screen, partition resizing, etc.
>
> Any hints? Some cgpt magic I could try from ChromeOS perhaps?

You can try installing upstream u-boot following the chainload steps
deteailed in several places on the interwebs - eg here
http://chrodyssey.blogspot.cz/2015/04/the-bootloader-chained.html

The current u-boot supports display on Snow but the EFI GOP emulation
(which the Tumbleweed image would use if it booted) is broken.

It probably does not boot because the loader is missing or not marked
as bootable or you did not enable USB boot on the chromebook.

The developer mode on current versions of ChromeOS has more features
than it used to but is also more flaky - it seems services tend to stop
working randomly and currently I Cannot boot at all after the devmode
installation fell apart.

HTH

Michal