On 01/10/2019 04:17, Linux Kamarada wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 11:49 AM Matthias Brugger <mbrug...@suse.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 24/09/2019 13:24, Linux Kamarada wrote:
>>> Hi, everyone!
>>>
>>> AFAIK openSUSE does not support Raspberry Pi 4 Model B yet. [1]
>>>
>>> I’ve bought that board, I know the very basics on how to use it [2]
>>> and I want to help to port openSUSE to it. How can I start?
>>>

>> I'm working on some (still hacky) support for RPi4.
>> You can find the JeOS image in my home project [1].
>> Beware that I was able to break the build of U-Boot yesterday. I'll try to
>> fix
>> this tonight.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Matthias
>>
>> [1] https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/home:mbrugger:branches:RPi4
>>

> Hi, folks!
>
> I know how to use OBS and KIWI, but when it comes to compile kernels,
> I'm a complete noob... also, I'm getting started with Raspberry Pi.
>
> I thought that would be easier, as there are at least three Linux
> distributions now (Raspbian [1], LibreELEC and Manjaro) supporting
> Raspberry Pi 4.
>
> Isn't there a kind of copy/paste that could allow us to boot openSUSE
> reusing Raspbian configs, for instance?

What do you mean by Rasbian configs? Do you mean the kernel config?
We are trying to support RPi4 with the mainline kernel. Raspbian uses a
downstream kernel which only works on RPis, so the kernel config won't work on
our mainline kernel.

> What I've done so far... I downloaded Matthias' image:
>
> openSUSE-Tumbleweed-JeOS.aarch64-15.1.0-RaspberryPi4-Build61.1.raw.xz
>
> (did I choose the right one?)

Yes.

> and flashed into the SD card using balenaEtcher [2].
>
> During boot, I saw something like GRUB (did you say U-Boot?).

U-Boot loads grub. Grub loads the kernel, everything is fine :)

> My RPi4 is connected to a HDMI monitor, which worked, but USB keyboard
> did not respond and I got only this:
>
> https://paste.opensuse.org/42439427
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

USB3 ports are not working yet. You can try USB type-C port though. Haven't
tested that myself. So for now you will need an uart adapter connected to your
RPi4 to be able to use it. Beware that we don't have working Ethernet and Wifi
(yet).

Regards,
Matthias