Op woensdag 27 november 2019 15:13:13 CET schreef Freek de Kruijf:
> Op woensdag 27 november 2019 14:05:42 CET schreef Narender Mann:
> > Sent from my iPhone
>
> Matthias Brugger is currently working on a working image for openSUSE
> Tumbleweed on the Raspberry Pi 4B. The main problem currently seems to be
> getting the network for Ethernet working. Also Wi-Fi is not working. For KDE
> you also need support for an attached monitor on a micro-HDMI interface and
> working USB for mouse and keyboard.
>
> My tests so far show a working system, but the only access is via the serial
> interface using the three pins on the GPIO system.
>
> There are two repositories with images showing the above shortcomings:
> https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mbrugger:/branches:/RPi4/
> openSUSE_Tumbleweed_ARM/
> https://download.opensuse.org/ports/aarch64/tumbleweed/images/

Today I tried openSUSE-Tumbleweed-JeOS.aarch64-15.1.0-RaspberryPi-
Build61.5.raw.xz from the first repository on my RPi4.

It works, although wireless does not work, but Ethernet does.
The layout of the disk is a fat32 partition EFI, a btrfs partition BOOT and a
btrfs partition ROOT. There is a warning during boot of a duplicated entry in
/etc/fstab, although I could not find out what was wrong.

When doing yast2->System->Partitioning to change from UUID in /etc/fstab to
using LABEL, the same warning appears. Also a warning that the 16M partition
should be 278MB.

Does this mean that we will soon have a working network in the images in the
second repository?

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE