houghi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Well, for all we know, SUSE might have changed everything in the past up
> untill the RC 27 or whatever. It is just that now we see it. It would
> however be nice if we could get some more insight as to why it has been
> done.

;-)  In reality, we did not change that much as we did this time -
10.1 is really a bad exception.

> I say: if it means improvement, bring it on. I don't see a release date 
> after RC 1 and testing, so I am not sure what preasure there is timewise.

It means improvement, I'll try to write up some more explanation for
those points that I mentioned yesterday in the IRC session and send it
later around.

> Also what has changes could be explained better (perhaps with a HTML file
> on the Alpha/Beta CD's or some other form) so people know where to look
> and where NOT to look.

There's the factory NEWS which contains some information (too little),
the CDs contain a Changelog with all information (too far to read by
anybody) - and so the middle in between is missing.

> OTOH not having any information will let people wander around and the
> absence of a guideline could bring up bugs that a more structured testing
> would not show.

;-)

I cannot expect a structured testing but will try to get this done
better - both in the short term and in the long run,

Andreas
-- 
 Andreas Jaeger, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.suse.de/~aj/
  SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
   GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F  FED1 389A 563C C272 A126

Attachment: pgp9WV1nJdayF.pgp
Description: PGP signature

Reply via email to