Well the reason I ask (and this could be a bug I suppose). I went and added the ftp respositories to installation source, and it verified and said it was okay, but the second I chose okay and it closed, I would immediately go back in, and it had disappeared. That is why i wondered if something had chanaged.


AceMan
On Feb 23, 2006, at 8:36 AM, Martin Schlander wrote:

On Thursday 23 February 2006 14:13, Kevin R. Garand wrote:
I am wondering how updates are being done now.  Do we still set an
installation source (repository) and update

There are two kinds of updates on SuSE.

1) Security updates, handled with YOU

2) Updating to unsupported ("unstable") or 3. party packages from various
installation sources, handled with Software management.

This basically hasn't and won't change. But..

SuSEwatcher/YOU will be/has been replaced - with something that none of us has
really been able to test yet.

"Software management" is also undergoing some major changes - and specifically in beta4 it has very little functionality - among other things with respect to installation sources and updating. So what you want to do - especially being new to this - is relax for now and check out beta5 which is expected to
be released tomorrow..

Hopefully with a package manager ready for some heavy duty bug testing ;)

cb400f

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Kevin R. Garand
Information Technology Specialist
St. Johnsbury Academy
St. Johnsbury, VT 05819
802-748-7600 ext 2435
Pager-741-1698
Cell-274-9351
KevinGarand.com


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to