On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 01:47:17PM +0200, iago f. ramos wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I think it'll be better to start a bug about this, but, first I want to 
> comment it before. May isn't really a bug :)
> 
> My hardware is a ahlon64 3000+, ga-k8vt800, 512MB TwinOS 400MHz and a Maxtor 
> SATA disk. I'm using 10.0-64 (upgraded from 10.0rc1) and my swap partition is 
> about 1000MB (not the GB)
> 
> The problem is thar sometime my desktop freezes  (blank screen or the lastest 
> view without mouse or keyboard interaction) and the HD start to work hard. If 
> I'm patient, from 5 to10 minuts later my desktop came back and I see (on the 
> System Monitor Applet of KDE for example)  that the swap is fulled.  Apps run 
> very slow an the HD is working fulltime.  I can restart my user session and 
> everything works nice again, but I don't see it as the real solution :)
> 
> The apps I'm running normally  are Kontact (feeds, mail, calendar and 
> adressbook), Kopete, amaroK,  basKet, susewatcher, knemo, kmixer, kgpg, 

Run "top" to see what takes most of the memory.

Just let it running a background terminal that you can see
even if the machine gets sluggy.

If "amarokapp" gets to the top, this is a known problem with its
collection mode which sucks up a lot of memory.

Ciao, Marcus

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to