On Saturday 14 April 2007, Graham Smith wrote:
> Open a terminal (konsole) and run the following command
> whereis nmbd
> you should get
> nmbd: /usr/sbin/nmbd /usr/share/man/man8/nmbd.8.gz

i did this and received exactly what you said.  where do i go from here to set
up the network so my win boxes can see my computer.  in yast under windows
domains i don't see any computers near me.

i'm really trying hard to get this, and also trying not to get real
frustrated.  i like the challange, but it's beginning to wear me down for the
day.

i think i can handle one more reply for the night and then i need to get some
rest.

thanks for the help.

dwain

--
Dwain Alford    P.O. Box 145    Winfield, Alabama  35594
telephone:  205.487.2570        cellphone:  205.495.5619