Jack Malone schreef:
Ok I have the 3ware 9650SE-8LPML raid card to go into a machine. At the
moment I cannot get suse 10.2 to see the card so that I can use it to
install to hard drives attached to it. I know that suse has drivers built
into it for 3ware cards but this card does not seem to be support as of yet.
I'm wondering if anyone else here on the list has this card and using it
with suse 10.2. What did you do to get it to work? I have had ubuntu 7.04
the, latest version that just came out, that will install onto hard drives
attached to this card with no problem. But I want to use suse on this
server. I have tried to load the driver at boot time from the install menu
by hitting F5 then saying yes and pointing it to the floppy drive to get the
driver. It just does not see the driver on the floppy for some reason. I
made the driver disk from the cd that came with the 3ware card. At this point I'm at a standstill. I need to get this machine up and running
ASAP. This is the first time I have had trouble using a 3ware raid card with
suse linux. Thanks for any help anyone can give me on this.

Jack Malone

i have to install 2 servers with the 3ware 9550sx controller later this week. if i encounter problems ( or if it succeeds ), i'll let you know. i know it's hard when you get stuck with hardware, especially linux-friendly, and no-one on the list seems to have the same problems....

jef peeraer

ps when you hit F5 ( i thought is was F2 ? ), can you watch the other consoles, because they print a lot of info there ( alt-f2/alt-f3 ). maybe you find some useffull info there