On Wednesday 30 May 2007 00:45, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I am unable to run GLX through the tightvnc remote connection via ssh
> tunneling (using KDE or fwm or gnome, but was possible on MandrakeKde).
> GLX runs on local login.
        Typically you want to minimize the detail on a vnc connection (even
compressed through ssh). Set backgrounds to solid colors, and minimize the
amount of activity on the screen...  I usually do not animate windows, and I
use a passive active cursor for launchers.  I would not even consider running
GLX over a tunneled tight vnc connection.... but I'm sure you'll find
somebody here who does.  :)

--
Kind regards,

M Harris     <><