2007/8/1, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi all,
>
> which DELL Notebooks work 100% with OpenSUSE 10.2? I know DELL has some
> it even delivers without OS (eg. Latitude D830 at the same price with or
> without OS), but they are of the upper price range. I need a notebook
> below 1000$ (about 750 Euro) that can be used for everything, but no
> need for demanding software like games that use extensive graphics.
>
> Anyone who uses DELL notebooks with OpenSUSE 10.2 successfully?
>
> :-)
> Al

Hi, I'm running Opensuse 10.2 on a Dell Inspiron 6400, just some notes:

- Intel 945GM Graphic Card: Works fine, but couldn't make the S-Video
output work.
- Ricoh Memory Card reader: It's detected but didn't use it yet.
- Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG: Works  out of the box
-- At the office works flawlessly with WPA with high and light load (D-Link AP)
-- At home I have many troubles with a Linksys WRT54GX4 AP and WPA, it
drops the connection when there's high load (many "TKIP: ICV error
detected" messages with light load too). A windows laptop with the
same card works fine only after updating to the last driver, maybe
with the latest module for linux it works better.
- Modem (don't know the make/model): Works with linuxant (comercial driver)
- Firewire: Didn't try it yet

Ciro