I cannot seem to get Java working with my browsers (Firefox
primarily).  I have these Java packages installed:

java-1_6_0-sun-1.6.0.u3-21
java-1_5_0-sun-1.5.0_update13-20
java-1_6_0-sun-plugin-1.6.0.u3-21

I have both 'Enable Java' and 'Enable Javascript' selected in my
Firefox (2.0.0.10) options.

However, when I visit pages the need Java, I get an error message
stating that I'm missing the appropriate plug-in.  Choosing to install
the plug-in from this prompt only gives me a 'manual' option that
takes me to the Sun site where I can get an appropriate package.

I installled the *.bin file for Linux from the Sun site, but still no
luck with Java pages.

This is a 32-bit machine.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.