On Jan 28, 2008 10:25 AM, Doctor Who <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I cannot seem to get Java working with my browsers (Firefox
> primarily).  I have these Java packages installed:
>
> java-1_6_0-sun-1.6.0.u3-21
> java-1_5_0-sun-1.5.0_update13-20
> java-1_6_0-sun-plugin-1.6.0.u3-21
>
> I have both 'Enable Java' and 'Enable Javascript' selected in my
> Firefox (2.0.0.10) options.

<SNIP>>
> I installled the *.bin file for Linux from the Sun site, but still no
> luck with Java pages.
>
> This is a 32-bit machine.

You do not need bot the manual and package installations. I would
advise you to uninstall both and start over with the packaged
versions. You need to select only the "plugin" package, yast will add
the rest.

--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
a pile of scrap.