On Wednesday 30 January 2008 13:55, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> > du -sk|sort -n   will report least used to most used. Ignore filesystems
> > on other partitions and you are on your way to solving the problem. When
> > you find which directory is the culprit cd to it and run the command
> > again and again cd to the most used directory again until you find the
> > problem.
>
> Considering that one of the partitions has 250 GB, that will take a long
> time. Better use a command that will not consider any other partition.
>
> Like du -x, perhaps.

I wonder why anybody would bother with "du" on the command line these days for
this kind of task. There are a number of GUI applications to do just that.

    http://kdirstat.sourceforge.net/

or Baobab for GNOME or FileLight. ANY of those is way superior to repeatedly
typing "du" and trying to figure out manually what's going on.

CU
--
Stefan Hundhammer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                Penguin by conviction.
YaST2 Development