> I am a WebWork user. I use the PropertyTag. Changing the behaviour of
> the PropertyTag hurts me.
>
> Better?

Likewise for me (except the opposite) :)

> > >2)  Adding addional tags makes the PropertyTag (and the taglibs as a
> > >whole) more confusing, not less.
> >
> > Adding tags that are simple and straight forwards makes PropertyTag more
> > confusing. You are totally correct on this. But why? Because it makes it
> > abundantly clear how extremely confusing, complicated and bloated
property
> > tag is. Of course it looks confusing when it stands next to simple tags!
>
> Most of thr above is a matter of opinion, in this case yours. However,
> the main problem is that if we have two radically different ways to do
> the same thing, it WILL be confusing. This has nothing to do with the
> specifics of these tags, really.

I wouldn't say they are radically different, just different names with
narrowed scope. Attributes, how it works, etc would all be the same. Also,
as always, this is a post-1.3 suggestion (at least for me it is).

> > >If you want
> > >me to change my position on this matter, you have to convince me that a
> > >change is for the greater benifit of the community.  As it stands right
> > >now, I believe that the proposed change would in fact have the opposite
> > >effect.
> >
> > Yet "the community" is what wants this ADDITION, not change (see pats
> > tally). That it's an addition and not a change is very relevant and
> > you keep
> > using "change" in what looks like a demonization-attempt.
>
> That is a little twisted logic, since the INTENT of the ADDITION is to
> eventually CHANGE WebWork. The important issue is whether this change is
> better or not than the current way. I can kind of see the point of some
> of the proposed tags, but definitely not all of them. Less is more, even
> though having only PropertyTag may be a little too extreme.

Back to the point of that nothing should ever change and we should stop
development on WebWork (save bug fixes, which I have a few to do, I've been
slacking). I'm glad you do at least see some value in the proposal. I indeed
see the value in keeping it simple (less tags), but my opinion (back to that
word again) is that adding the tags is more important than keeping them out.
I'm always for what makes the most sense (to me, of course), and this seems
very logical in my mind, but then again, so did adding <ui:hidden/>. :)

-Pat