On 3/1/03 7:25 PM, "Rickard Öberg" ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) penned the words:

> Mike Cannon-Brookes wrote:
>> Hrm - no, this is thinking the wrong way mate :)
>>
>> If webwork defined paths, security would work perfectly right?
>>
>> So why not have webwork only 'work' if the path is correct (and defined)?
>>
>> Ie /admin/foo.action would execute foo, but /bar/admin/foo.action would
>> execute nothing.
>
> Then the action would be "pinned" to that particular path, and skinning
> wouldn't work.

I have _never_ needed to use the fact that actions can move paths, and I
would hasten to guess that 95% of WebWork users don't care either?

Leave the option open to do both, and we'll satisfy the security problems
(by pinning paths).

-mike

PS IMHO the principle of least surprise here is that actions are NOT
available anywhere.