boxed wrote:
The problem is not "right" or "wrong", the problem is the pro's and
con's of the various approaches, and AFAICT the explicit approach has
some limitations, whereas the non-explicit approach has no limitations.
I can think of an example right now when the explicit solution is much more
flexible than the ThreadLocal solution:

Action1 creates two sets of data and starts off two threads, executes
Action2 and Action3 with these two maps as parameters, then joins on the
threads and continues on with its own execution.

Did I miss something here? Would this be easier to implement with
ThreadLocal (with JNDI?)?
If the threading is done by XWork it would be equally simple.

/Rickard

--
Rickard Öberg
[EMAIL PROTECTED]