Patrick Lightbody wrote:
If Ognl is just totally unacceptable, then let's discuss two options:
1) Redevelop the WW EL with speed as well as type conversion both as a top
priority
2) Develop XWork to support pluggable ValueStack implementations
Just a point on 2. This will introduce muchos confusion, especially in a situation where you want to compose an application from two individually developed parts which may use different implementations. It's also a documentation problem ("it's like this, unless you use this stack, because then it looks like this, which has this and this semantics").

Sometimes flexibility is good, sometimes it's a recipe for disaster. In this particular case I'd say it's the latter.

Either make OGNL work ok, or go with 1). I'd personally prefer 1).

/Rickard

--
Rickard Öberg
[EMAIL PROTECTED]