Title: Re: [OS-webwork] New version of XWork editor posted
Jon,

The view backwards references do sound useful (what action+result combinations point to this view) - .vm or .jsp :)

Another thing that might be useful is ‘preview XML’ which shows you the actual XML that will be generated? People like that sort of thing. Not sure if you’d make it editable or not though.

Lastly (most complex I know ;)) perhaps the ability to add a ‘classpath’ to the file and then validate it? This could be an optional part of the setup window – first load an existing .xml file, then select some paths/jars to be your classpath. You could then provide classpickers for all of the class selection areas, and ‘validate’ that all the classes mentioned in the file were actually present in your classpath.

Just an idea – good work though!

On 10/9/03 1:38 AM, "Jon Lipsky (Mailing Lists)" ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) penned the words:

Hi All,

I just updated a the webstartable versions of the xwork editor.  It fixes the two problems that have been found until now:

1) Adding a parameter to an interceptor did not work.
2) You could not enter the class name of a new interceptor.

Jon...

PS - If any one has any ideas for additional "usage" type panels to add, let me know, and I'll see if I can get them added.  One example that I can think of off the top of my head that might be useful is a new tab to show the "locations" referenced by actions.  That way, you could easily figure out which actions let you to which specific JSP pages...  Does that sound useful to anyone? Any other ideas?