Hi,

    I'm working on a WebWork2 tutorial and I'm trying to explain a WebWork
concept at a time, with examples, so it can be as easy as possible for a
newbie to understand. Right now I'm trying to write an example to explain
what an action is.

    Therefore, I have the following action:

  <action name="helloWebWorld"
class="section01.lesson03.HelloWebWorldAction">
   <result name="success" type="dispatcher"><param
name="location">ex01-success.jsp</param></result>
  </action>

    This action execute() method just sets the value of a parameter (private
String hello;) and returns SUCCESS. The action class also supplies a
accessor for the parameter (public String getHello()).

    My question is: how do I access the action property (hello) using JSP
without using tags?

    Once I have a nice working version of the tutorial I will make it
available to everyone.

Thanks for any help,

Vítor