From: Häcker, Tobias A. [mailto:tobias.haec...@topalis.com]
Sent: 30 March 2011 08:47
To: openthinclient-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [openthinclient-user] rdesktop only passes first three characters
of login to Virtual Desktop

This behaviour seems to be a bug in the rdesktop-svn provided, since we
experience the same here sometimes:
If the first login to a farm member of the 2008 R2 RD farm fails, the username
ist displayed as

DOMAIN\use

instead of the originally provided

DOMAIN\username

And a logon fails because rdesktop tries to logon User "use".

Regards,

T. Häcker

> openthinclient configured to autolaunch rdesktop, which works just
> fine.  The problem I am running into is that after I enter my
> credentials in the initial RDP screen, it only passes the first 3
> characters of my username to the remote desktop, which is an XP
> virtual desktop.  It works fine if I RDP from a regular

growing manageability and security demands of your customers. Businesses are
taking advantage of Intel(R) vPro (TM) technology - will your software be a
part of the solution? Download the Intel(R) Manageability Checker today!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-dev2devmar
Kevin Halstead
Team Leader - Desktop & Helpdesk Support, Zen Internet
T: 0845 058 9097
F: 0845 058 9005
W: www.zen.co.uk

Which? Recommended Broadband Provider - March 2011

Managed Cloud Hosting – Now available!

For more information please visit – www.zen.co.uk/cloudhosting

PC Pro Awards 2011 – have your say in the most comprehensive guide to customer
support and product reliability in the UK, they need YOUR help to decide who
wins: To vote please visit
http://www.demographix.com/surveys/TWHI-SO67/SJQEF8FK/?zen

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in
error, please notify us and remove it from your system.

Zen Internet Limited may monitor email traffic data and also the content of
email for the purposes of security.

Zen Internet Limited is registered in England and Wales, Sandbrook Park,
Sandbrook Way, Rochdale, OL11 1RY Company No. 03101568 VAT Reg No. 686 0495 01
Download your free trial now.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/quest-d2dcopy1