Hi Tobias,

I have attempted to integrate Rdesktop 1.7.0 without much success. My
openthinclient is running on Windows (no choice on that), so I have used a
Ubuntu installation and installed all the tcos-dev packages and
dependancies.

I have followed the dev guide and created the deb packages:

I have tried to do this twice now, location here:
http://www.kevhal.com/openthinclient/manager-contrib/

When I load these into Openthinclient, all looks good and an icon appears
for my users, however there is nothing in the /etc/rdesktop170 directory
that it creates so cannot launch.

The second point is how do I get extra functions for example, connect to
server. the freeRDP I have tried from the post above worked fine.

I'm not fantastic at linux but I've obviously mist something somewhere.

Many thanks

Kevin Halstead

Tobias Häcker wrote:

> Hey,
>
> meanwhile rdesktop 1.70 is available which might fix this issue.
> OTC should integrate it into the system.
> freerdp ist the alternative, but frequently updated and not yet real
> stable.
>
> I second that a RDP client (rdesktop/freerdp) is a vital parts of OTC and
> therefore they should be adjusted as frequently as possible to the most
> recent versions/patchlevels.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tobias
>
>> I have installed the new fork RDP client into OTC which is supposed to
>> support
>> it, however it isn't the case unfortunately as it doesn't pass any
>> credentials
>> at all and fails.
>> Hopefully there is a solution soon as some of my colleagues are very
>> frustrated
>> with it.

> vRanger cuts backup time in half-while increasing security.
> With the market-leading solution for virtual backup and recovery,
> you get blazing-fast, flexible, and affordable data protection.
> Download your free trial now.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/quest-d2dcopy1
Nabble.com.