On Montag, 2. Juni 2008, John Chajecki wrote:
> I have found that OpenVAS uses the Cygwin1.dll. Its in C:\Program
> Files\OpenVAS-Client\bin but its version 0.132 as opposed to verson
> 0.156 installed in C:\cygwin\bin. Replacing the file in C:\Program
> Files\OpenVAS-Client\bin with the one in C:\cygwin\bin seems to fix the
> problem.

Fine, so this solves the probem.

> Is there any way of making OpenVAS use the already installed Cygwin?

The installer needs to be made more clever.
However,  I'd like to switch from InnoSetup to NSIS eventually, so I hesitate
to put work into InnoSetup. Maybe I find the time to switch to NSIS
and add the cygwin test for the next release.

Ideally, I'd like to have a native cross compilation environment and get
rid of cygwin. Fully automized including the packaging, i.e. type "make
OpenVAS-Client.exe"
on a Linux mashine :-). But that'll take 2 or 3 extra days which I can not
afforf ATM.

Best

        Jan