On Sunday 21 December 2008 00:19:12 Tim Brown wrote:
> On Thursday 04 December 2008 16:04:11 Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> > I offer to hold the 2nd OpenVAS Developer Conference in
> > Osnabrück, Germany in the new offices of Intevation.
> > Potential dates are:
> >
> >   June 11-14 2009 (Thursday-Sunday)
> >   June 18-21 2009 (Thursday-Sunday)
> >   July 9-12 2009 (Thursday-Sunday)
> >   July 16-19 2009 (Thursday-Sunday)
> >
> > Please let me know what you think!
> >
> > Who would like to participate?
> > And already know the dates are OK for him/her?
>
> DebConf 9 is on July 16-31 in Spain but other the other 3 dates are good
> right now.

this makes       July 9-12 2009 (Thursday-Sunday)
the date for OpenVAS DevCon #2.
I will start into planning details.

> Another idea I just had is an OpenVAS village at Hacking at
> Random, August 13-16, 2009?

I likely will not be there, but perhaps some other OpenVAS developers?

> > If we can gather at least a small group, then
> > I will prepare a agenda and start into detailed planning
> > to offer a nice and interesting stay.
>
> Sounds like fun, I'd like to have a spot on governance put on the agenda.
> There are a number of things I'd like to brain storm with a view to getting
> feedback from openvas-discuss post conference.

Seems we can gather most major SVN comitters at least :-)

> > What I am uncertain: should we consider a Users' session prior
> > to the DevCon with Workshops or alike? Maybe someone wants
> > to hold a workshop. If we take a small fee we might finance
> > travel for some developers.
> > Opinions on this?
>
> Sounds good to me but this isn't a crucial point in my mind.  More
> important is to get some of the various developers together and hack some
> code.

Chandra offered to hold a workshop IIUC. We can announce the offer and
simply see what happens.

Best

        Jan

--