I accidentally replied just to Jan, so re-replying to all....

Personally, the feature is useful, but I agree with the above poster
that there really is no good default password policy. As long as the
feature is well documented, that is all I would ask for. Unless of
course the default password policy is incredibly lax, it might get in
the way if enabled by default.

http://volatile-minds.blogspot.com -- blog
http://www.volatileminds.net -- website