openvasmd --rebuild

Thanks,
Antu Sanadi

On Friday 16 January 2015 02:41 PM, Xiaofeng Sheng wrote:
Hi, guys,
I'm setting up the openvas on BT5 R3, I meet one ERROR message as the mail title described when I run "/pentest/misc/openvas/openvas-check-setup" command. I did some research on google website for how can it be solved, but I failed. I excuted the below commands to solve it, but still have the same error:
openvassd
touch /usr/local/var/lib/openvas/mgr/tasks.db
openvasmd --backup
openvasmd --rebuild
openvasad -c 'add_user' -u openvasadmin -r Admin
openvasmd -p 9390 -a 127.0.0.1
openvasad -a 127.0.0.1 -p 9393
gsad --http-only --listen=127.0.0.1 -p 9392
      Can someone who know this issue help me to fix it? Thanks.
Br/xiaofeng
LOG:
root@bt:/tmp# more openvas-check-setup.log
openvas-check-setup 2.1.5
  Mode:  desktop
  Date:  Fri, 16 Jan 2015 16:56:16 +0800
Checking for old OpenVAS Scanner <= 2.0 ...
/pentest/misc/openvas/openvas-check-setup: line 124: openvasd: command not found
Checking presence of OpenVAS Scanner ...
OpenVAS Scanner 3.2.5
Nessus origin: (C) 2004 Renaud Deraison <derai...@nessus.org <mailto:derai...@nessus.org>>
Most new code since OpenVAS: (C) 2011 Greenbone Networks GmbH
License GPLv2: GNU GPL version 2

Checking OpenVAS Scanner version ...
        OK: OpenVAS Scanner is present in version 3.2.5.
plugins_folder = /usr/local/var/lib/openvas/plugins
cache_folder = /usr/local/var/cache/openvas
include_folders = /usr/local/var/lib/openvas/plugins
max_hosts = 30
max_checks = 10
be_nice = no
logfile = /usr/local/var/log/openvas/openvassd.messages
log_whole_attack = no
log_plugins_name_at_load = no
dumpfile = /usr/local/var/log/openvas/openvassd.dump
rules = /usr/local/share/openvas/openvassd.rules
cgi_path = /cgi-bin:/scripts
port_range = default
optimize_test = yes
checks_read_timeout = 5
non_simult_ports = 139, 445
plugins_timeout = 320
safe_checks = yes
auto_enable_dependencies = yes
silent_dependencies = no
use_mac_addr = no
save_knowledge_base = no
kb_restore = no
only_test_hosts_whose_kb_we_dont_have = no
only_test_hosts_whose_kb_we_have = no
kb_dont_replay_scanners = no
kb_dont_replay_info_gathering = no
kb_dont_replay_attacks = no
kb_dont_replay_denials = no
kb_max_age = 864000
slice_network_addresses = no
nasl_no_signature_check = yes
drop_privileges = no
unscanned_closed = yes
vhosts =
vhosts_ip =
cert_file = /usr/local/var/lib/openvas/CA/servercert.pem
key_file = /usr/local/var/lib/openvas/private/CA/serverkey.pem
ca_file = /usr/local/var/lib/openvas/CA/cacert.pem
config_file = /usr/local/etc/openvas/openvassd.conf
Checking OpenVAS Scanner CA cert ...
OK: OpenVAS Scanner CA Certificate is present as /usr/local/var/lib/openvas/CA/cacert.pem.
Checking NVT collection ...
OK: NVT collection in /usr/local/var/lib/openvas/plugins contains 37577 NVTs.
Checking status of signature checking in OpenVAS Scanner ...
WARNING: Signature checking of NVTs is not enabled in OpenVAS Scanner. SUGGEST: Enable signature checking (see http://www.openvas.org/trusted-nvts.html).
Checking presence of OpenVAS Manager ...
OpenVAS Manager 2.0.4
Manager DB revision 41
Copyright (C) 2010 Greenbone Networks GmbH
        OK: OpenVAS Manager is present in version 2.0.4.
Checking OpenVAS Manager client certificate ...
OK: OpenVAS Manager client certificate is present as /usr/local/var/lib/openvas/CA/clientcert.pem.
Checking OpenVAS Manager database ...
OK: OpenVAS Manager database found in /usr/local/var/lib/openvas/mgr/tasks.db.
Checking access rights of OpenVAS Manager database ...
        OK: Access rights for the OpenVAS Manager database are correct.
Checking sqlite3 presence ...
OK: sqlite3 found, extended checks of the OpenVAS Manager installation enabled.
Checking OpenVAS Manager database revision ...
        OK: OpenVAS Manager database is at revision 41.
Checking database revision expected by OpenVAS Manager ...
        OK: OpenVAS Manager expects database at revision 41.
        OK: Database schema is up to date.
Checking OpenVAS Manager database (NVT data) ...
ERROR: The number of NVTs in the OpenVAS Manager database is too low. FIX: Make sure OpenVAS Scanner is running with an up-to-date NVT collection and run 'openvasmd --rebuild'.

Saner Personal
A free vulnerability mitigation
software. Build strong defense.
http://www.secpod.com/saner-personal.html