Hello,

What is the size of the

"/usr/local/var/lib/openvas/mgr/tasks.db"?

Thanks,
Antu Sanadi

On Sunday 18 January 2015 09:39 AM, Xiaofeng Sheng wrote:

Hi, Antu Sanadi,
Thanks for the reply. I tried the commands you told me, but I still have the same error message, you can see the below output when I did it: (When I executed "openvasmd --rebuild" command, it's very quick to finish, just like the eye blink, I don't it's normal or not. )
Step1-Before "openvas-nvt-sync":
root@bt:~# /pentest/misc/openvas/openvas-check-setup
openvas-check-setup 2.1.5
  Test completeness and readiness of OpenVAS-4
  (add '--v5' if you want to check for OpenVAS-5)
  Please report us any non-detected problems and
  help us to improve this check routine:
  Use the parameter --server to skip checks for client tools
  like GSD and OpenVAS-CLI.
Step 1: Checking OpenVAS Scanner ...
        OK: OpenVAS Scanner is present in version 3.2.5.
OK: OpenVAS Scanner CA Certificate is present as /usr/local/var/lib/openvas/CA/cacert.pem. OK: NVT collection in /usr/local/var/lib/openvas/plugins contains 37577 NVTs. WARNING: Signature checking of NVTs is not enabled in OpenVAS Scanner. SUGGEST: Enable signature checking (see http://www.openvas.org/trusted-nvts.html <http://www.openvas.org/trusted-nvts.html>).
Step 2: Checking OpenVAS Manager ...
        OK: OpenVAS Manager is present in version 2.0.4.
OK: OpenVAS Manager client certificate is present as /usr/local/var/lib/openvas/CA/clientcert.pem. OK: OpenVAS Manager database found in /usr/local/var/lib/openvas/mgr/tasks.db.
        OK: Access rights for the OpenVAS Manager database are correct.
OK: sqlite3 found, extended checks of the OpenVAS Manager installation enabled.
        OK: OpenVAS Manager database is at revision 41.
        OK: OpenVAS Manager expects database at revision 41.
        OK: Database schema is up to date.
ERROR: The number of NVTs in the OpenVAS Manager database is too low. FIX: Make sure OpenVAS Scanner is running with an up-to-date NVT collection and run 'openvasmd --rebuild'.
 ERROR: Your OpenVAS-4 installation is not yet complete!
Please follow the instructions marked with FIX above and run this
script again.
If you think this result is wrong, please report your observation
and help us to improve this check routine:
Step2-After "openvas-nvt-sync":
root@bt:~# openvas-nvt-sync
[i] This script synchronizes an NVT collection with the 'OpenVAS NVT Feed'.
[i] The 'OpenVAS NVT Feed' is provided by 'The OpenVAS Project'.
[i] Online information about this feed: 'http://www.openvas.org/openvas-nvt-feed.html <http://www.openvas.org/openvas-nvt-feed.html>'.
[i] NVT dir: /usr/local/var/lib/openvas/plugins
[i] Will use rsync
[i] Using rsync: /usr/bin/rsync
[i] Configured NVT rsync feed: rsync://feed.openvas.org:/nvt-feed
OpenVAS feed server - http://www.openvas.org/
This service is hosted by Intevation GmbH - http://intevation.de/
All transactions are logged.
Please report synchronization problems to openvas-f...@intevation.de <mailto:openvas-f...@intevation.de>.
If you have any other questions, please use the OpenVAS mailing lists
or the OpenVAS IRC chat. See http://www.openvas.org/ for details.
receiving incremental file list
sent 42 bytes  received 1604512 bytes  43960.38 bytes/sec
total size is 201678379  speedup is 125.69
[i] Checking dir: ok
[i] Checking MD5 checksum: ok

root@bt:~#
root@bt:~# openvasmd --rebuild
[...]