*** TN TN wrote:

> When I attempt to scan by hostname (myhostname.com), the scanner always
> scans by IP address?

No. Scanner will use myhostname.com.

> I can see the task by going on the scanner and doing a
> ps -ef | grep openvas and it shows me it's scanning the IP address.

I agree that this is a bit confusing, but this does not mean that the
scanner is not using the hostname. In openvassd.messages look for

"Starts a new scan. Target(s) : myhostname.com, with max_hosts = 30 and
max_checks = 10"

This name will then be used in the http host header.

Micha
--
Michael Meyer                  OpenPGP Key: 0xAF069E9152A6EFA6
http://www.greenbone.net/