Hi,

On 09/07/2016 03:42 PM, Jiri K. wrote:
> I'm not sure how the php detection works, but I tried telnet and "GET
> / HTTP/1.0" and I noticed, that the returned header doesn't contain
> PHP version unless I do "GET /appfolder/ HTTP/1.0", could this be the
> reason why OpenVAS doesn't detect PHP on this server? If so, is there
> any way to tell it to try a specific path when doing PHP related
> tests?

this could be indeed an issue here. The current NVT for detection PHP is
currently trying to detect PHP based on:

1. .php files reported by "Web Mirror" NVT with the OID:
1.3.6.1.4.1.25623.1.0.10662
2. a call to index.php on the root directory "/"
3. a call to the root directory "/"
4. an exposed file including a phpinfo() call

For now you could check if the "/appfolder/" is detected within the
"Directories used for CGI Scanning" NVT with the OID:
1.3.6.1.4.1.25623.1.0.111038

If this is detected here i could update the NVT in the next few days to
also check for PHP in such detected folders.

Thanks for reporting this.

--

Christian Fischer | Greenbone Networks GmbH | http://greenbone.net
Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück, Germany | AG Osnabrück, HR B 202460