Hi,

I'm trying to communicate directly with the OpenVAS scanner (Openvassd).
If I understand things correctly, this is only possible via a UNIX
domain socket (by default /var/run/openvassd.sock).  Unfortunately,
I suspect there's some detail I'm missing, because I've tried sending
to the socket an XML request and the Openvassd logs report an "Unknown
client-requested OTP version" error.  The XML request I sent was as
follows: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><get_version/>

In the meantime I realised that Openvassd is probably expecting a TLS
connection, and it only expects an XML fragment instead of a complete
document.  Therefore, I've opened a TLS connection to the daemon and
sent just "<get_version/>".  This still doesn't work, however.  On the
client side I get a TLS error, and the Openvassd logs still report
a "Unknown client-requested OTP version" error.

Anyway, any suggestions on what might be going wrong are greatly
appreciated, as I'm currently stuck with this issue...

Best regards,
Dario Teixeira