From: Openvas-discuss <openvas-discuss-boun...@wald.intevation.org> On Behalf
Of Jan-Oliver Wagner
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 10:09 AM
To: openvas-discuss@wald.intevation.org
Subject: Re: [Openvas-discuss] Trying to decide the right install

Am Montag, 19. März 2018, 16:31:45 schrieb Stewart Joseph:
> Thanks.  At least I’m making progress.  Then what is the difference in
> the feeds for the GSMCE and the GCE?  http://www.openvas.org/vm.html
> indicates that the GSMCE would use the community feeds just like the
> GCE.  https://www.greenbone.net/en/community-edition/ implies that the
> GSMCE has the same as the GSM.  Maybe I’m misreading it but they seem
> at odds.  Which would it have?

The GCE default and the Open Source stand-alone modules both use the GCF. The
feed content is identical for both setups, but a setup from source code might
be missing some build configs, tools or maybe you have older system crypto
libraries or alike.

--
Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner |  +49-541-760278-0  |  http://www.greenbone.net/
Greenbone Networks GmbH, Neumarkt 12, 49074 Osnabrück | AG Osnabrück, HR B