The OpenVPN community project team is proud to release OpenVPN 2.2-RC.
It can be downloaded from here:

 * http://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/downloads.html

Changes include:

    * Windows installer built and packaged with the new Python-based
buildsystem that utilizes the Visual Studio 2008 toolchain
    * Lots of enhancements and fixes to the Python-based Windows
buildsystem (see Changelog for details)
    * Make the --x509-username-field feature an opt-in feature

A more comprehensive list of changes is available here:

 *
http://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/documentation/change-log/425-changelog-for-openvpn-22.html

If you find a bug in this release, please file a bug report to our Trac
bug tracker. In uncertain cases please contact our developers first,
either using the openvpn-devel mailinglist or the developer IRC channel
(#openvpn-devel at irc.freenode.net).

NOTE: In production environments you should use the latest stable
release, not this release candidate build.

--
Samuli Seppänen
Community Manager

irc freenode net: mattock