On 24/08/16 10:11, Jan Just Keijser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 24/08/16 10:45, Samuli Seppänen wrote:
>> Il 24/08/2016 11:14, Jan Just Keijser ha scritto:
>>> Hi,

>>> just for my understanding: how would a user run an up/down script with
>>> *USER* credentials (necessary to map a share or printer, for example) in
>>> this scenario?
>> You mean when running OpenVPN-GUI as admin, but wanting the map a
>> share as a non-privileged user?
>>
> Actually, how would a (clueless) user do this at all, using the
> interactive service?  which part should be run with admin privs, which
> part shouldn't ?    which credentials are available to the interactive
> service (and any up/down scripts it may run) ?   should a user use a GUI
> up/down script (I know the old GUI supported this) instead?

An --up to map a network drive would work with user creds. eg: net use x: \*

My initial problem was running server side scripts which are intended to do
more complex stuff.  But run-as-admin for the GUI is totally sufficient for
my needs.  I simply did not understand that the scripts are run as the user
who loaded the GUI not the iservice.

thanks