Hello,

OpenVPN is a great tool, however, whenever I persuade someone to using it, I'm having problems with installing it.

For example, one server is Debian 3.0, second RedHat 7.3, I compiled the binary somewhere else, and the effect is, it will only work on my machine, and not on Debian or Redhat, as OpenSSL libraries differ and so on.

So my big question is: can OpenVPN be compiled statically? If so, how?

I was thinking of an option like ./configure --compile-statically - and with such compiled binary, I wouldn't have to install compilers, compile OpenVPN, deinstall compilers on every machine I want it to run.

Regards,

Tomasz Chmielewski

Laczysz sie przez modem? Mamy dla Ciebie bonusy!
http://link.interia.pl/f1826