On Thursday 05 August 2004 08:15, James Yonan wrote:
> Matthias Andree <matthias.and...@gmx.de> said:
>
> > On Wed, 04 Aug 2004, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> >
> > > I was thinking of an option like ./configure --compile-statically - and
> > > with such compiled binary, I wouldn't have to install compilers, compile
> > > OpenVPN, deinstall compilers on every machine I want it to run.
> >
> > My first attempt would probably be ./configure CC="gcc -static" - it's
> > untested and may require the installation of static libraries on some
> > systems.
>
> I've had success with 'gcc -static' when static libraries are present, as they
> are by default on Gentoo Linux.
>
> James

    I compiled it statically on FC3t1 with this change in the openvpn.spec file:
--- cut ---
%configure \
        --enable-lzo \
        --enable-crypto \
        --enable-ssl \
        --enable-pthread \
        --enable-iproute2 \
        --enable-strict \
        --disable-profiling \
        --enable-mtu-dynamic \
        --enable-strict-options \
        --disable-dependency-tracking

# <Hack_for_static_build>
perl -i -p -e 's/^LDADD =/LDADD = -static -lssl -lcrypto -lkrb5 -lk5crypto
-lresolv -lcom_err/' Makef
ile
# </Hack_for_static_build>
%{__make} %{?_smp_mflags}
    It worked (openvpn --test-crypto --secret mysecret) on FC3t1, FC2, FC1 and
Mandrake 8.2.

--
Regards,
  Doncho N. Gunchev    Registered Linux User #291323 at counter.li.org
  GPG-Key-ID: 1024D/DA454F79                        http://pgp.mit.edu
  Key fingerprint = 684F 688B C508 C609 0371  5E0F A089 CB15 DA45 4F79