I tried to build openvpn on Windows from its source code and encountered a
few problems:

1. Incorrect defines at autodefs/defs.h, line 51-52:
#define PRODUCT_TAP_DEVICE_DESCRIPTION TAP-Win32 Adapter V9
#define PRODUCT_TAP_PROVIDER TAP-Win32 Provider V9

They are supposed to be:

#define PRODUCT_TAP_DEVICE_DESCRIPTION "TAP-Win32 Adapter V9"
#define PRODUCT_TAP_PROVIDER "TAP-Win32 Provider V9"

How is defs.h created at the first place?

2. I could not find tapinstall source code in the source achieve. Where can
I download it?

3. install-win32/maketap: line 42 doesn't work. The line is:

cmd //c "C:\\WINDDK\\$DDKVER\\bin\\setenv.bat C:\\WINDDK\\$DDKVER $mode &&
cd `perl install-win32/dosname.pl $t` && build -cef"

it's supposed to issue "build -cef" command in tap-win32 folder after
setting environment. However, the cd command doesn't work (I could not get
it work even with hard-coded value). As a result, build -cef will compile
all source code under DDK/src folder, not the tap driver. Manually build the
driver works (ie. Run setenv and then do build -cef).

Thanks for your help!

Juping