Trac is promises to provide all but provides none, I really don't know
which project you managed with Trac, but without ticket dependencies
and without proper CC lists and workflow it is difficult to manage a
real project.

You are better use separate products for each category.

1. Bugzilla - bug tracking - most production activity goes here,
failing to manage bugs/tasks properly results in failure to manage
releases.

2. ViewVC/ViewGIT/Whatever - Browse code.

3. MediaWiki - wiki - much better than trac.

4. File releases, well... a simple webdav does the trick.

5. Forums... Why not mailing list with archive? As it always had been?
And use mailman?

I looked at redmine some time ago and tracked the project, it has a
single active developer, much like OpenVPN, and as such no much
progress/support is made.

Consider to use tools that do what you require, stable tools, and best
in each task.

Alon.