Hello,

I am just in the process of rewriting the openvpn build system.

Some documentation is available[1].

In your case, as you build on Windows, cygwin environment is the
appropriate environment. cygwin contains the new mingw toolchain from
mingw-w64 (including 32bit).

cygwin is maintain, while msys is long dead.

Please try it out.

Thanks,
Alon Bar-Lev.

[1] https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/BuildingUsingGenericBuildsystem