On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 2:25 PM, richard -rw- weinberger
<richard.weinber...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm facing a strange issue on Windows 8.
> It happens very often that the TUN/TAP adapter is not started and
> OpenVPN is unable to setup IPs and routes.
>
> openvpn.exe writes over and over "Waiting for TUN/TAP interface to come
> up...".
> After ~30 seconds it continues without a proper network configuration.
> This is very nasty because from the users point of few it looks like
> the tunnel is up but nothing works.
>
> On the net I found some halve baked "solutions" for that issue.
> Like disabling the Windows Firewall, disabling IPv6, setting the
> DHCP-Client service to autostart, and so on. But nothing helped so far
> nor really explained the root issue.
>
> Please see the attached log file.
> (It is sightly censored to hide my customers name and public IP.)
>
> I ran also Wireshark on my TUN/TAP device while connecting.
> When facing the issue zero packets were captured. So, it is not really
> a networking issue between server and client.
>
> Can you please help me?

...still facing the issue.
How can I help you with debugging this issue?

BTW: Dear other list members, there is *zero* reason to mail me
privately regarding this issue.
If you see that issue too, post this here and don't send me useless
private mails.

--
Thanks,
//richard