From:   Gert Doering <g...@greenie.muc.de>
To:     arno.oderm...@ch.schindler.com,
Cc:     Gert Doering <g...@greenie.muc.de>,
openvpn-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Date:   22.10.2013 13:43
Subject:        Re: Openvpn 2.3.2 potential memory-leak after 24hours
(addendum3)

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 10:34:27AM +0200, arno.oderm...@ch.schindler.com
wrote:
> thank you for replying.
> Do you see any time window, you potentially could have time for this?

I just gave it an initial try (using the "master" branch but that code
should have the same issues, if any, as no (known) fixes have been
commited).

Valgrind isn't telling me about any clear mem-leaks yet...

==1953== HEAP SUMMARY:
==1953==     in use at exit: 2,560 bytes in 52 blocks
==1953==   total heap usage: 52,139 allocs, 52,087 frees, 15,723,723 bytes
allocated

... but I could see memory go up in "while sleep 1; do ps wwup 1953 ;
done"
listings at exactly the point in time where renegotiation was taking
place,
with two clients connected to it.

I could use some ideas on how to debug this further - if valgrind isn't
complaining, normally our memory management should be OK, but why is
VSZ/RSZ still growing, then...?

 //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany g...@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-35655025 g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de
[attachment "attmxcg3.dat" deleted by Arno Odermatt/R&D/SCH/SCHINDLER]

Notice: The information contained in this message is intended only for use of
the individual(s) named above and may contain confidential, proprietary or
legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or
lost by any mistransmission. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message you are hereby notified that you must not use, disseminate , copy it in
any form or take any action in reliance of it. If you have received this
message in error please delete it and any copies of it and notify the sender
immediately.