Hi,

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 03:16:30PM +0200, arno.oderm...@ch.schindler.com wrote:
> thank you so much.
> Meanwhile, we can define the substantial memory growth for the phase of
> the first renegotiation cycle.
> Memory is growing by almost double.
> Surely, if one had only 50 to 100 concurrent sessions, it is not quit
> hurting anything. But driving the amount of concurrent session as we got
> it in our scenario, memory treatment seems to become key.

I'm not sure I found everything yet, but what I've seen to far will
definitely raise memory consumption for long-term connected clients
(as in: for every renegotiation, memory goes up).  This particular gc
is cleared upon client disconnection, thogh - so maybe that is why it
wasn't noticed earlier.

About your user base: is this more dynamic clients (like "mobile users"),
or are these very persistent long-term sessions (like "1000s of sensors
that come online upon reboot, and stay online for weeks at a time")?

I'd like to understand your usage scenaro better to see whether what I'm
tracking can be relevant at all, or not.

(As an extra question: if I find something and have tested it enough to
say "this should fix things for you", can you run a test version in
your environment?  Or is this all production and needs to come in form
of a binary distribution, etc.?)

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de