On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 3:45 AM, Heiko Hund <heiko.h...@sophos.com> wrote:

> On Freitag, 24. Juni 2016 19:37:13 CEST Gert Doering wrote:
> > This patch changes the order to IFCONFIG_AFTER_TUN_OPEN, moves some
> > initialization code to init_tun, where it belongs, and removes duplicate
> > code that is now no longer needed.
>
> Yeah, I was skeptic at first, too. But it seems to work. That said, I've
> only
> tested with the interactive service in place. It's the only option how to
> run
> Openvpn in a sane manner on Windows anyways. =)

True but not yet practical  in some cases. For example, we do not yet have
way to start openvpn using interactive service without using the GUI -- say
run a client or a server (as from an init script). We should do something
about it, but until then testing without interactive service is important
-- easy to do, just run from the command line.

Also, a test against the old tap driver (NDIS 5.x) is in order..

Selva