Hi all,

We're really close to OpenVPN 2.4-alpha1 release now. In yesterday's IRC
meeting[1] we deemed that "late this week" might be doable.

However, we'd need to help with testing these preview installers:

Note that the installers contain a much improved OpenVPN-GUI that
behaves differently under the hood from the one bundled in OpenVPN 2.3.x:

The installer also contains a new, much improved Windows system service
called openvpnserv2:

Based on earlier tests openvpnserv2 should be able to handle
suspend/resume gracefully. It should also automatically restart a
connection that dies for whatever reason.

So far the installers linked to above have passed some basic tests:

If you can, please test the installers in your environment and let us
know how it went: we'd like to minimize the chance of breaking existing
setups before we make the official 2.4-alpha1 release.

Samuli Seppänen
Community Manager
OpenVPN Technologies, Inc

irc freenode net: mattock