> Three directory alternatives have been proposed:
>
> %USERPROFILE%\OpenVPN\config (current approach)
> %APPDATA%\OpenVPN\config
> %USERPROFILE%\.openvpn\config

I vote for %USERPROFILE%, as it is more intuitive.

%APPDATA% seems to be a folder for a files generated solely by software, and
not for things which user may want to put manually like VPN configs. I have
just checked - %APPDATA% is even a hidden folder on my machine. And yes, I
don't trust the import function, cause I don't know what it will do in some
situations, especially when certs are stored in external files, or there are
up\down scripts that should also be copied, or...

".openvpn" - definitely NO. It looks just ugly. Even Linux doesn't use that for
configuration folders (remember /etc/openvpn?).

--
SviMik